Monday, November 7, 2011

The Ultimate Beach House






All images are from Coastal Living
Designer: Phoebe Howard
Photos: Tria Giovan

Since the weather is gorgeous again today and I had a taste for beach house decorating over the weekend, today I wanted to share with you the ultimate beach house.  It's not just my idea of the pinnacle of beach house style, this house actually won the legitimate title of Coastal Living's 2011 Ultimate Beach house.  There are so many things to love about this house but the element that seals the deal for me is that it is totally luxury, screams beach house style, yet is not obvious in the way that it does.

It's the little things like the framed thongs (or flip flops for those of you from the US snickering at the word thong!) in the kitchen nook, the oversized nautical stripes on the lounge chairs and the green grass cloth wallpaper in the bedroom.  The exposed timber beams and wood lined roof add to the coastal theme of the house, yet the formal lines of the sofa and chairs and the cabinetry in the kitchen bring some luxury to this beach side home.  I have a ticket to this Tuesday's oz lotto and if I $20 million lands on my door next week, some of it will be shoveled into a beach house like this one and you are all invited for a stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment