Thursday, November 10, 2011

Playing the Blues




From Top Left:
Cotton Weave Blue Indigo Rug, Madaline Weinrib; Charles Fraddin Home Custom Illustrated House Pad, One Kings Lane; Drum Pendant with Mini Roses, Stray Dog Designs; Don Freeman Blue Flower picture, One Kings Lane; Blue Resin Vase, Dinosaur Designs; Ginger Jar Lamp, Kristy Lee Interiors; Blue and Beige Teapot, Ada & Darcy; Emily Tufted Bench, Horchow; 1940's French Pouffe in Blue Charm Suzani, Madaline Weinrib; Blue Flower Magnet, Stray Dog Designs; Prosecco Votive Holder, Anthropologie; Peacock Wedding Invite, Paper Divas;
Massound Marine Striped Chair, Horchow; The Beat Pillow Cerulean, Aphrochic
  


via Rue Magazine
 


Clairbourne Swanson Frank via Elle Decor
Photo: Simon Watson
Note how fantastic the blue Madaline Weinrib rug looks in this space.
 


Bathroom at the Smyth Tribeca in New York.
Loved the blue tiles and walls.
 



Carrier and Company via Elle Decor
Photo: William Waldron
 


Jamie Drake via Elle Decor
Photo: Jeff McNamara
 


Rayman Boozer via Elle Decor
Photo: Timothy Kolk
 


Peter Lawford via The Design Files
 
My friend Kylie from school recently commented that she thought that blue was my colour and I must say that I had not really thought about it as I love all colours but upon reflection of the items that I have chosen in my house, yes, it does seem that blue is my hue!  Maybe it's my Piscean nature or just the calming effect that I get from blue, I can't deny that I am drawn to it. At the moment, I'm loving peacock blue and gold together (really anything with gold is making my heart beat a little faster these days).  Blue is very versatile and you can team it with white for a nautical look, tone it down with browns, greys and mauves or contrast it with pops of gold, silver, pink, orange or yellow.

3 comments:

  1. such a fantastic post, you really do own blue. Love that moodboard. I am really loving seeing your blog develop and Your divine style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, blue can be a great base to work from. Navy will always be my favorite... so classic. I do love that desk and those bathroom walls at the Symth. Lovely Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love navy's and blues, it makes me feel like I am near the ocean, even though I am 8 hours drive from any coastline!

    ReplyDelete