Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New York Luxury

Smyth Tribeca

Smyth Tribeca

The London

The London

The London Penthouse
There are those of the opinion that money spent on luxury accommodation whilst on holiday is a waste of money as you don't spend much time in your room.  Whilst I agree that a good holiday is one where you do spend little time in your room, I do think that money spent on the best accommodation you can afford is well worth it.   For me, part of the whole holiday is the delight and escape of luxury accommodation.  I want to completely flee my normal life while I am on holiday and staying at a beautiful hotel makes me feel special.  At the end of an exhausting day of shopping and site seeing, I want to look forward to my beautiful hotel welcoming me with soft, ridiculously high thread count sheets, amazing views and glittering surfaces.  I want to have a quick lie down, recharge, and then head to the bathroom to glam up for the evening.

I am lucky enough to be staying at The London and the Smyth Tribeca when I go to New York soon.  The penthouse at The London looks spectacular, however the funds could only stretch so far so we will be staying in a regular room!

From a design point of view, I can't wait to see these hotels (and a few others I plan on visiting).  The London's rooms were designed by one of my favourite designers, David Collins.  He also designed Gordon Ramsay's restaurant, Maze, which is located inside The London.

No comments:

Post a Comment