Sunday, September 25, 2011

Loving New York Design with Jonathan Adler





Images of the Jonathan Adler shop in Soho
I'm finally back from my wonderful trip to New York and Hawaii.  I am so excited to share it all with you and there were so many beautiful things that it was hard to know where to start.  I've chosen Jonathan Adler as I really loved his shop and the people that work there were also lovely.  We had a great conversation about Australian design compared to American design.  My first impression with American interior design is all about colour and the wonderful way they use it.  They are not afraid!  My opinion is that a lot of Australian design (not all) is very neutral and reflective of our natural environment.  Perhaps because New York is very grey with all the buildings, New Yorkers love to use vibrant colour.

Jonathan Adler's shop in Soho (I also went past the one in Greenwich Village) is a joy to walk into.  His use of colour is second to none.  The bold retro inspired designs were refreshing and fun, yet still contemporary and sophisticated.  Take your cue from New York and have a bit of fun with colour - it can really lift your mood.

2 comments:

  1. welcome back lovey, I had not even heard of Jonathan Adler until a few weeks ago - I love his product and colour use too. lets catch up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a hugh fan of Jonathan Adler. Unfortunately we have any stores in Australia! I visited his store in New York which was amazing.

    ReplyDelete