Monday, September 5, 2011

Homework Habits



Asymmetrical Balance

Symmetrical Balace
Abstract Furniture
Geometric Furniture
I've been flat out with homework these past couple of weeks as I've had to try and finish it all before I head off on my trip.  These are some examples of the work I have been doing.  It was really fun to do the symmetrical and asymmetrical boards.  I have always been drawn to symmetrical designs but after completing this assignment, I'm starting to like the flavour of asymmetry.

The other two images are snippets of our assignment on point, line and shape.  Please excuse the attempt at drawings - it's never been my strong point, but I guess that's why I'm back at school!  This is another basic design principle that is really useful tool.  I really like how this subject is making me more aware of how design actually works and it helps to understand why you like or do not like particular design schemes.

I'm off overseas in a day, so this will be my last post for a little while (unless I get my hands on a computer over there).  Stay safe and I can't wait to share all my discoveries in New York and Hawaii with you.

2 comments:

  1. Leah, I am absolutely blown away by your boards, they are fabulous, such professional work as always. Have a fabulous trip - you deserve the best time. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kylie! You do the most amazing work and I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'll miss your smiling face at school and our great chats. I look forward to catching up when I get back xx

    ReplyDelete