Monday, October 3, 2011

New York's Most Decadent Spa






Some of you may recall that I was surprising my mum on her birthday with some treatments at the Trump Soho Spa.  In a city that oozes money, this spa was recently billed as New York's most decadent spa by Gotham magazine and it certainly lived up to its new tittle.  Handel Architects designed the hotel with the interiors by the Rockwell Group and custom furnishing by Fendi Casa.

The gods were smiling on me as the spa had a student discount special that week and so my sister and I were also able to join my mum.  The glamorous modern Middle Eastern inspired interior of the spa was breathtaking.  My favourite element had to be the stunning abstract chandeliers in the bar area.  Reminiscent of enormous twisted shrubs with glittering lights, they were perfect for highlighting and reflecting the many tiled areas of the interior, particularly the pearlescent tiled roof.  Situated in front of the windows facing the pool area, the abundance of natural light ensured that these show stopping light fixtures are a feature all day and night.

The spa was ultimate luxury with no expense spared in the fit out.  From the draping silk lights and leather Moroccan pouffes to the heated toilet seats and incredibly soft robes and slippers, it was all divine.  We were particularly spoilt on our day as I had told the spa when booking that it was my mum's birthday so we were treated to complimentary Prosecco (normally $25 a glass - eek! and definitely the champagne of choice in New York) and cupcakes to celebrate the day.  It was a truly wonderful experience that I was so lucky to have and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

2 comments:

  1. Leah, I love your voice in your blog - your writing and descriptions are fabulous.... I love the Moroccan pouffes too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kylie! I love the pouffes too. We used to have one at my parents house in the 70's (a nice green velvet one lol!) and I tell you, they are actually a really handy seating option to have around.

    ReplyDelete