Sunday, October 9, 2011

A quick dash with Elizabeth Bauer




All images are via
Elizabeth Bauer

In the continuing story of my New York design journey, I have to mention Elizabeth Bauer.  We were on our last day in the city that never sleeps, trying to find a deli for my mother so she could buy some nuts (it's a long story you don't want to hear - why would you want nuts when you can have Magnolia Cupcakes?) when we stumbled across Elizabeth Bauer's divine little store.  In our frantic search for a healthy snack, I would have completely missed it, if it were not for the vibrant colours and eye catching designs calling out to me from that little slice of heaven, her retail store.  It was the visual attraction and the fact that I had slowed the pace down as a Jonathan Adler store is a few doors down.  Located in the heart of Greenwich Village, on Greenwich Avenue, make sure you stop in for a look when you are there.

The shop just makes you feel good.  The gorgeous colours, patterned fabrics, varied surfaces and exotic glamorous vibe of the store means that you will want to stay and potter for a while.  Unfortunately, on this trip, all I could afford was a quick dash, but this is one place that I will definitely revisit on my next trip.  Last year, Traditional Home magazine labeled Elizabeth Bauer as one of 20 Young Designers to Watch and I suggest you take a good long look.

No comments:

Post a Comment